Fencing Centre Garden Buildings terms and conditions
By purchasing from Fence Stores LTD it is assumed that the customer fully agrees to all terms and conditions. If you do not, please contact us in writing before any delivery/collection of any product occurs to cancel your order. If you have ordered a Shed, Building or Bespoke product you will be liable for production costs.
1. Planning Disclaimer
We cannot advise on whether you would require planning permission as there are many different rules and factors that may affect what you are permitted to construct in your garden. If you do need planning, or suspect you might, the first thing to do is contact your local authority. Please remember that it is your responsibility to check whether your circumstances require planning permission or building regulations, you can apply to any local authority in England and Wales through the website www.planningportal.co.uk. This site will also show you the planning permission for outbuildings.
A deposit or full payment for your building can be made at the time of order, if a 10% deposit is paid then full payment is required a week prior to delivery. Payment can be made via bank transfer stating your Document number as a reference, or you can pay in store via chip and pin. We do not accept card payment over the phone for any amounts over £500.00.
3. Delivery charges:-
Our delivery charge for sheds and summerhouses is £24.00 within 25 miles of your local site, for deliveries outside this area please ask your local branch. Our log cabins include free local delivery, for deliveries outside your local area please ask your local branch.
3.1 Delivery Slots & Times:-
After you have placed your order, if not already arranged in store or over the phone you will be contacted to arrange a mutually convenient delivery day. Due to a large amount of variables we cannot specify a time for delivery at point of order however if you call your local branch after 8.00am on the day of delivery, we will be able to provide an approximate time. Be aware that delivery times will vary according to what materials have been ordered.
Log Cabins are normally delivered within 6-8 weeks unless the building is in stock. Cabin delivery is free within our regional delivery area.
Sheds and Summerhouses are normally delivered within 4-6 weeks.
In peak season we do our best to stick within the above estimates but some delays may occur. You will be notified in good time if this applies to your order.
3.2 Directions Post Codes and Contact Numbers:-
All delivery orders require a full address and post code. With Named houses we require detailed directions to the property. We require two contact phone numbers (where possible) on all delivery orders. If we can’t find you or call you we may have to re schedule your delivery at our next appropriate slot (Never the same day).
3.3 Vehicle Access:-
We use a combination of 3.5ton 12ton and 26ton lorries to deliver our goods depending on what has been purchased. Our deliveries are arranged under the understanding that we will be able to gain vehicular access to the delivery address. Please advise us of any vehicle restrictions (tight roads, phone cables over the driveway, high hedgerows / trees that will cause our crane lorry problems, etc…). Failure to inform us of any access issues that lead to a failed delivery will incur a second delivery charge.
3.4 Vehicle Unloading:-
All deliveries are front of house kerbside only. Deliveries will be made to a suitable and secure unloading area that should be made available within six metres of the vehicles parked position. If there is no suitable offloading area the customer will be responsible for transporting the products to a safe storage area. We will move products up to six metres, we do not carry products to the rear of properties or through customer’s houses.
Depending on the size of your Log Cabin it will either be delivered the day before or on the day of your fitting with the fitting team. If for any reason it has to be sooner you will be notified in good time.
Your shed/ summerhouse will be delivered on a 3.5 tonne flatbed truck by our fitters.
Cabin bases that are prepared for our cabin fitting teams must be level, flat, square and within a tolerance of no more than 5mm. If bases are not level across the entire span it may delay the fitting process incurring an additional charge and might lead to an alternative date being booked.
5. Cabin Access :-
Please ensure all access is clear, uninterrupted and if you have own a pet please make the garden is clean of faeces. Our fitting time require power to install cabins and we appreciate access to bathroom facilities.
6. Bespoke Log Cabins:-
We offer a bespoke log cabin order service to allow you to get the perfect building for you. All bespoke cabin orders require a 10% deposit on point of order (this covers the cost of technical plans to be drawn up for your approval). Once you have approved your plans and signed them off we require the next 40% of the balance before production begins. And finally the last 50% of the balance is required before delivery of the building. All bespoke log cabin deposits are non-refundable due to the individuality of the product ordered.
6.1 Bespoke Sheds:-
We offer a bespoke Shed order service to allow you to get the perfect building for you. All bespoke Shed orders require a £100 deposit on point of order. Bespoke sheds will only be ordered once the customer has signed off their drawing confirming the sheds size and style. An average turnaround time is 4-6 weeks from order to delivery. All bespoke Shed deposits are non-refundable due to the individuality of the product ordered.
The majority of our products are manufactured from Timber which is a natural product and so is subject to some movement and cracking. Slight movement and cracking will not be regarded as faulty. If that particular product is no longer fit for its intended use than we will be more than happy to replace it. Pressure treated products dry to a pale green colour however this colour can vary a lot according to species of timber and weather conditions. Variations in colour are not regarded as being faulty.
8. Treatment (sheds):-
All our sheds come treated with a light brown solvent based wood preserving treatment as standard. It has an expected life of 1 year and you will have to retreat the building annually.
8.1 Treatment (Cabins):-
All our Cabins come untreated as standard. You are required to treat your cabin with a suitable exterior paint or stain designed for outdoor white wood protection. Please follow our procedure below:
· Your cabin must be painted as soon as possible once it has been fitted.
· Paint the cabin inside and out with a good quality wood preserver.
· All doors, windows and frames need to be treated ALL OVER (This is to ensure that all bare wood behind all frames are protected and covered)
· Next apply a good quality paint or stain with a minimum of two coats to the exterior, ensuring all bare wood is covered.
· Again all doors, windows and frames need to be treated ALL OVER (These need to be removed one by one to get to the log ends)
· Ensure you brush a good amount of paint into all corners, joints and knots to seal the building.
· Finally a bead of silicone must be applied to the glass at the bottom section of each door and window pane.
· For extremely exposed areas please use an external decorators caulk on the corners of your building and in larger knots, do this prior to your final coat of paint.
9. Cancellations and returns policy
If you purchased a building over the phone or online you have the legal right to cancel your order up to 14 calendar days after the day on which you placed the order (with the exception of any made to order items).
9.1 Cancellations of bespoke products
If you have purchased a bespoke building (anything that is not standard) then you will lose your deposit for this item if you cancel.
10. Snags and callout charges
We will cover any snags and adjustments to your building for the first 12 months if we have fitted it, after this period there will be a callout charge of £60.00. For delivery only buildings we will cover any items that have been damaged on delivery or any manufacturer defaults.
10.1 Storm and weather damage
We are not liable for any adverse weather conditions that may cause damage to your building, this is out of our hands as it is a natural occurrence.
11. Finance Terms and Conditions
Finance options are provided by Specialist Lending Limited t/a Duologi who is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
1. To receive finance a person must:
• You must be over 18 years.
• You must have a good credit history.
• You must be a UK resident with at least 3 years continual address history.
• You must be in employment and work at least 16 hours per week, unless retired or a house-person with a spouse in full time employment or be in receipt of pension.
• You must have a UK bank account capable of accepting Direct Debits.
• The goods must be delivered to your home address.
• You must pay the minimum 10% deposit.
2. By applying for finance Divido® will run a credit check which could affect your credit rating.
3. Once entered into the finance agreement and signed, all payments and related information are managed by Divido® for their full legal terms click here
4. Upon delivery POD (proof of delivery) must be signed by the person who has taken out the finance.
5. Delivery can only be to the address where the finance is taken from.
6. When Finance is taken out on a garden building, it is done so in the knowledge that it is flat packed and/or in piece format. Log Cabins come in log form and therefore do not come in pre-assembled sections. POD is signed when receiving these pieces, not an assembled building.
7. Fitting is excluded from any finance options. If you require fitting this has to be paid in full and will only commence once the POD has been signed.
8. No discount will be given on any finance options, by taking this option a person wavers the right to any in-store, online and advertised offers, deals or discounts. Refunds can only be made on items in a re-sellable condition and only on items that have not been used or fitted. In these cases a new finance plan has to be taken out on the remaining lower value items which incurs a fee of 8%.
9. Orders placed will be subject to a minimum two week lead time.
10. Bespoke cabin orders require a non-refundable 5% deposit to produce technical drawings, a further 45% must be paid to order the building. Therefore bespoke cabins have a minimum 50% deposit.
12. Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
1. Draw entry is free, entry is gained through liking the Fence Stores Ltd Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/FenceStoresLtd/ and then sharing the post which includes the prize.
2. Draws are made on the dates shown and are made at random from the entries shown on the date of draw.
3. All prizes must be collected from any of the seven Fence Stores sites, delivery is an extra cost if required.
4. All prizes are flat packed, even where photos show them erected. Photos are for illustrative purposes only and the prize might vary slightly from show.
5. Any vouchers on offer have no monetary value and cannot be re-sold, exchanged or returned. The value shown on the voucher will be taken off any one single purchase. The remaining value if under the voucher amount will be void and cannot be used on another purchase.
6. Any items bought with a store voucher cannot be returned, unless faulty. In cases where goods are faulty a like-for-like product will be supplied. Money cannot be given back on any voucher purchases.
7. Vouchers can be used on purchases over the amount shown and can only be used on retail value purchases.
8. All vouchers show the value including any taxes and vat at UK rates.
9. Vouchers must be used within 90 days of prize draw and notification of win.
10. Any assembly on products is the responsibility of the winner.
11. Where upgrades are possible this will cost the difference between the two items as advertised on Fencingcentre.co.uk. Upgrades are only available on a like for like product at the discretion of Fence Stores Ltd.
12.1 Survey Page Prizes
1. Winners will be drawn at random from the entries made and only those who leave their contact details with permission to contact.
2. Prize given will include VAT and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
We offer a kerbside delivery service starting from £10.00 for a local delivery.
Average lead time begins at 7 days please contact the nearest branch for an accurate delivery estimate.
If you put your post code into the calculator it will give you the exact delivery charge to your area.
The Fencing Centre & Stable Structure Group have been supplying fencing products for 30 years. Now located in Dorset, Somerset, Devon, Hampshire and Oxford you can visit any of our 7 stores or you can buy online.